Happy Texas Independence Day! The Lone Star State, from the Texas Gulf Coast, the Alamo in San Antonio, the sights and sounds of the Texas Hill Country, Space City Houston up to Big D and the massive Texas Panhandle region; everything is bigger in Texas, including its own beauty to boot. The state that gave the world George Strait, Willie Nelson, Beyonce and Selena; delicious BBQ and Blue Bell ice cream favorites; home to the “Live Music Capitol of the World” in Austin and finally…well we didn’t give it to, but sure do it big time…Football. I love Texas and everything about it. We do things a little different around here and we sure are damn proud of it. Do not be fooled though, manners and good old southern charm and hospitality is what we are known for. There is no place like Texas! God bless Texas Y’all!
I woke up today at 5 am. I slept in a little today and boy did I need it. The wife worked out first and I followed after her. Today at work we had our Go Texan Day party for the students in which I helped cooked sausages and serve sweet ice tea.
- Front squat w/ belt: hit 250, missed 262.5
- Power clean 3RM: hit 175 and hit the first two on 185 and missed the third rep
- Military press behind the neck: 4 x 20 at 70 then 4 x 10 at 75
- 5 set tri-set: 1 arm overhead carry x 100 ft. (35# KB) + 10 split squats each leg (20# DBs) + 1 arm farmers carry x 100 ft. (53# KB)
- 12 minute lunge
- 12:30 to about 2:30 (while cooking, cleaning up and afterwards) – had 4 sausage on a sticks from the party, green beans and Chinese food + some pumpkin seeds
- 5:30 – beef, green beans, avocado
- 8:30 – coconut milk
- Never got to it.
I am not a special guy. I have no amazing talents such as world renowned violinist, Olympic medalist or IQ high enough memorize what I just wrote above. I just show up every day and try to get a little better than I was the day before. There are lots of things I want to do and they sure are nice to talk about, but they do not mean crap without actually doing them. Simply put, I take what I have each day and try to make it just a little bit better; whether that is through exercise and fitness, nutrition, networking and personal development. The following quote by Henry Ford is perfect. You cannot build something on what you are going to do. You have to act. Action builds. Ideas and thoughts and wishes do nothing. It might not be today, or tomorrow or even this year or the next frankly, but I am acting in one way or another to improve and impact my life and those around me.